Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
Try these honey roasted vegetables for your next meal!
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced lengthwise 500g
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled and sliced lengthwise 500g
- 2 Tbsp honey 30 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 15 mL
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Prepare carrots and parsnips. Place in large plastic bag.
- 2. Combine honey, canola oil, garlic and rosemary in a small bowl. Mix well. Pour into plastic bag and shake to coat vegetables.
- 3. Empty carrots and parsnips on a foil-lined roasting pan. Roast at 350F (180 C) for 45-60 minutes, turning once or twice, until vegetables are tender and nicely browned.
6 to 8 servings
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Chili Roasted Root Vegetables
Roasting vegetables in a little canola oil brings out new depths of flavor.
High Roasted Onions
Not all vegetable oils are the same, canola oil provides more good fats and best nutritional balance than any other popular vegetable oil.