Black Bean and Corn Salad
For variety you can add some crumbled feta cheese to this salad.
- 1 can (19 oz./540 mL) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can (12 oz./341 mL) corn kernels, drained & rinsed
- 1 can mild jalapeño peppers
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro 50 mL
- ¼ cup canola oil 50 mL
- 3 Tbsp lime juice 45 mL
- 1 tsp cumin 5 mL
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, jalapeño peppers and cilantro.
- 2. In small bowl, whisk together canola oil, lime juice, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic; pour over bean mixture, tossing to coat.
- 3. Fold in tomatoes just before serving.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Bean Sprouts & Tomatoes
Ideal for northern climates where all the ingredients for this salad can be readily available most of the year.
Beet Salad with Mint and Spices
Maximize the flavor by toasting spices with a little canola oil. For a quick version of the recipe replace fresh beets with 1 can (14.5 oz/411 g) beets!