Tomatillo, Bean and Chicken Chili
Serve this easy-to-make chili at your next casual get-together.
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed into bite size pieces
- 8 tomatillos, husked and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice 15 mL
- 1 tsp ground coriander 5 mL
- 1 tsp ground cumin 5 mL
- 1 Tbsp chili powder 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 2 cups chicken broth 500 mL
- 2 cans (19 oz/540 mL) cannellini beans
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped cilantro 30 mL
- Cilantro for garnish
- 1. Pour canola oil into large saucepan. Sauté onion and garlic over low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add chicken and continue to cook until chicken is lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- 2. Combine tomatillos, jalapeno, lime juice, coriander, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, chicken broth, beans and chopped cilantro with chicken. Mix well, cover saucepan and cook over medium-low heat for 25-30 minutes, until mixture has thickened.
- 3. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Carrot and Cabbage Tinga Tostadas
Celebrate Mexico with the original vegetarian tortilla toasts (tostadas). The vegetables taste better and even are better for you thanks to the benefits of canola oil, which has a mild flavor and helps the body absorb nutrients.
Chicken Enchilada Soup
This simple soup will be a hit with kids! It’s chock full of flavor and chicken with crunchy tortillas – perfect for a weeknight meal.