Combining red and green vegetables is both festive and healthful.
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 3 bunches rapini (broccoli rabe), about 3 1/4 lb (1.5 kg), rinsed, trimmed and cut into 3-inch (7.6 cm) pieces
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1 1/2 (375 mL) cups diced roasted red bell pepper, from one 12-oz jar (341mL)
- 3 Tbsp slivered almonds, toasted 45 mL
- 1. Heat very large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan; add rapini, garlic and salt. Toss well, reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until rapini are tender, turning a few times while cooking.
- 2. Add roasted pepper and toasted almonds, toss and serve
- Cook's note: Sometimes rapini can taste a little bitter. If your rapini is on the bitter side, drizzle a tablespoon or so of balsamic vinegar on top of it.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Sauteed Bok Choy
One of the most delicious ways to eat baby bok choy. A great side dish to any meal. The bok choy cooks very quickly, so watch it carefully.
A quick saute is all that is needed for this easy vegetable dish. Spinach is packed with iron and antioxidants.