Nuttin' Better Sauce
This versatile spread can be used on its own, on a platter with cheese and vegetables, blended into dips and as a healthy ingredient in many savory dishes.
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs 125 mL
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- 1 tsp ground cumin 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes 1 mL
- 1/2 cup pecan halves 125 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- salt to taste
- 1. Add red pepper, dry bread crumbs, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, red pepper flakes and pecans to a food processor. Pulse once or twice just to blend ingredients.
- 2. Add canola oil and blend ingredients to form smooth consistency. Add salt to taste.
- 3. Sauce can be stored in refrigerator, covered, for up to one week.
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups (300 to 375mL)
1 Tbsp (15 mL)
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
This Argentinian salsa is a terrific partner for grilled fish and meat. Canola oil’s neutral taste lets the flavors of bold ingredients take charge.
Dobladitas with Greens and Tomato Sauce
Dobladitas are warm tortillas topped with wilted greens and a spicy tomato sauce. Canola oil’s high heat tolerance is just right for sautéing the greens.