Thai Chicken Stir-Fry
A great recipe for company, and quick to do!
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp chili-garlic sauce 30 mL
- 2 - 3 Tbsp canola oil 30 - 45 mL
- 2 cup snow peas, trimmed 500 mL
- 3 heads baby bok choy, chopped into large pieces 3 heads
- 1 cup canned, unsweetened coconut milk 250 mL
- 1 tsp cornstarch 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 3 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil 45 mL
- 1. In large wok, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Quickly stir fry chicken in oil until lightly browned and juices run clear. Stir in chili-garlic sauce. Remove chicken from wok and set aside.
- 2. Add 1 Tbsp (15 mL) more canola oil to wok and heat. Stir fry snow peas and bok choy stalks for 2 - 3 minutes (leave the leaves out until the end of cooking time). Add coconut milk. Heat and stir.
- 3. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 Tbsp (15 mL) water and add to wok along with the chicken and bok choy leaves. Heat and stir to thicken the coconut milk, about 2 - 3 minutes. Season with salt and sprinkle with basil. Serve over cooked rice.
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
Ginger Turkey Stir-Fry
A treat for fowl lovers who want to enjoy turkey at times other than Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Pork & Pasta Stir-fry
What a medley of cultures stir-frying from the Chinese, pasta from the Italians, and pork which is the most widely consumed meat in the world.