Recipe developed for CanolaInfo by Chef Ken Tominaga, Hana Japanese Restaurant http://www.hanajapanese.com/chef.html
- 1/4 cup sake 60 mL
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 60 mL
- 1/3 cup soy sauce 75 mL
- 1/3 cup Japanese rice vinegar 75 mL
- 2 Tbsp ponzu 30 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- Pinch Yuzu kosyo or 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each of lemon zest and white pepper
- 2 tsp mirin 10 mL
- 4 oz Kampachi, halibut or snapper, sushi grade, thinly sliced 125 g
- Kaiware daikon or Japanese radish, thinly julienned
- Shiso or mint, thinly julienned
- Myoga or sushi ginger, thinly julienned
- Tobiko or flying fish roe
- Tonburi or white sesame seeds
- 1. For ponzu: In pot over medium-high heat, combine ponzu ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cool and refrigerate for future use. Keep up to 10 days.
- 2. For vinaigrette: In bowl, combine ponzu, canola oil, yuzu kosyo and mirin. Mix well.
- 3. Arrange Kampacio on flat plate. Garnish with kaiware daikon, shiso, myoga, tobiko and tonburi. Drizzle vinaigrette over all.
1 oz (30 g)
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|