Shredded Sugar Snap Pea and Carrot Stir-Fry
A simple, quick and healthy stir-fry!
- 2 tsp canola oil 10 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger 15 mL
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, julienned
- 4 oz sugar snap peas or snow peas, julienned 125 g
- 4 stalks green onion, julienned
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce 10 mL
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper 1 mL
- 1. In a wok or heavy skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high. Add garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 2. Add carrots and sauté until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Add snap peas and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Add green onions and stir-fry for another minute. Drizzle soy sauce over vegetables and season with black pepper. Serve immediately.
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Eggplant in Spicy Garlic Sauce
Chili garlic sauce is a common ingredient in Chinese markets. It has the consistency of a thick puree and gives intense heat and flavour to any dish especially cooked with additional fresh garlic and ginger. This classic Szechwan dish is delicious served hot, at room temperature or chilled, hot and spicy with the sweetness from the pork. Chinese or Asian eggplant is slender and sweeter and less bitter than the traditional globe shaped Western variety.