Salmon Arugula Salad with Blueberry Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup blueberry pomegranate juice75 mL
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar (or can use pourable sugar substitute) 30 mL
- 2 tsp grated lemon or lime zest 10 mL
- 2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper flakes 1 mL
- 8 cups arugula (about 6 oz/170 g) 2 L
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions (2 oz/60 g) 125 mL
- 1 cup blueberries 250 mL
- 1 pouch (6 oz/170 g) salmon, flaked
- 1 oz (about 1/4 cup/60 mL) slivered almonds or pecans, toasted 30 g
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 1. In small jar, combine pomegranate juice, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, canola oil, salt and pepper flakes. Secure tightly with lid and shake vigorously until well blended.
- 2. Arrange equal amounts of arugula, onions and berries on each of four dinner lates. Shake jar vigorously and spoon equal amounts of salad dressing over each (3 Tbsp/45 mL each). Sprinkle evenly with salmon, nuts and top with black pepper. Serve immediately for peak flavors and texture.
- Tip: Salad dressing may be made up to a week in advance, but the intensity of the pepper flakes will increase slightly.
2 1/2 cups (625 mL) salad and 3 Tbsp (45 mL) dressing
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Grilled Salmon with Dijon Raspberry Vinaigrette
Raspberries and Dijon mustard make a unique combination of sweet and savory, which is perfect for grilled salmon.
Orange Glazed Salmon over Sauteed Spinach
Pretty to look at, delicious to eat, salmon-infused with seasonal fresh orange and heart-healthy canola oil served over slightly wilted spinach is easy to make any time of year.