Roasted Beet Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Beets are complemented in this healthy salad by orange, grapefruit and lemon flavors. Canola oil allows these flavors to shine along with zesty Dijon mustard and champagne vinegar.
- Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup orange juice 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp grapefruit juice 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- 2 tsp orange zest 10 mL
- 2 tsp lemon zest 10 mL
- 2 tsp honey 10 mL
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard 10 mL
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt 2 mL
- 1 Tbsp champagne vinegar 15 mL
- 1/2 cup canola oil 250 mL
- Roasted Beet Salad
- 15 oz arugula, rinsed and patted dry 450 g
- 6 beets, oven-roasted, peeled, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pistachios, chopped 125 mL
- 1/2 cup goat cheese 125 mL
- 1. In small saucepan, combine orange, grapefruit and lemon juices over medium heat. Simmer until it mixture is reduced by half. Add zest and let steep until room temperature.
- 2. Once cooled, add honey, Dijon mustard, salt and champagne vinegar. Using immersion blender, combine ingredients and then slowly add canola oil until mixture is emulsified.
- 3. In large bowl, toss arugula, beets and nuts with enough vinaigrette to coat. Leftover vinaigrette can be stored in refrigerator and used within 2-3 days. Top with goat cheese and serve.
2 cups (500 mL) salad with 2 Tbsp (30 mL) vinaigrette
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
Goat Cheese Red Beet Salad with Beet Tarragon Canola Oil
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America by Chef Instructor Almir DaFonseca.
Roasted Beet and Tomato Salad
This bright red salad is perfect for a picnic or luncheon. It’s so flavorful with fresh herbs and canola oil’s neutral taste lets those flavors shine.
Roasted Root Vegetable and Winter Squash Salad
Sturdy root veggies and winter squash are an easy combination because they have a similar density and cook in the same amount of time. Roasting imparts a smoky-sweet flavor that makes these veggies delicious warm or cold. Canola oil’s high heat tolerance is ideal for oven roasting.