Sinful Bliss Cupcakes with Sweetened Whipped Cream Frosting
Devil's food chocolate cupcakes are topped with a light and fluffy frosting. Canola oil in the cake batter keeps them tender.
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar 625 mL
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour 560 mL
- 1 cup cocoa powder 250 mL
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 mL
- 1 tsp baking powder 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1 cup canola oil 250 mL
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups hot water 560 mL
- Sweetened Whip Cream Frosting
- 3 cups heavy cream (ice cold) 750 mL
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar 45mL
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 7 mL
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Line muffin tin with 24 cupcake liners.
- 2. In large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 3. In separate bowl, whisk canola oil and eggs. In another bowl, using electric mixer on low speed, blend dry ingredients. Slowly add oil mixture to dry mixture, followed by hot water. Mix until fully combined, making sure to scrape sides of bowl with spatula to get out all lumps.
- 4. Spoon or pour mixture into cupcake liners until two-thirds full.
- 5. Bake for 15 minutes then rotate pan and bake for another 5-8 minutes or until
- cupcakes spring back to touch. Remove from oven and cool cupcakes completely.
- 6. To prepare Sweetened Whip Cream Frosting: In medium bowl, whisk heavy cream on medium-high speed. Slowly add powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix on high speed until soft firm peaks form. Scoop whipped cream into pastry bag with star tip and pipe whipped cream on top of cooled cupcakes. Dust lightly with cocoa powder. Serve right away or refrigerate until serving.
1 cupcake with frosting
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
Mini Peppermint Cupcakes
Ring in the season with peppermint-topped, chocolate cupcakes. Canola oil makes the cupcakes light and fluffy. These bite-sized, mouth-watering treats will get your guests in the mood to celebrate the holidays in style!