Easy White Cake Over Fruit
Use your imagination to substitute other fruit combinations or even pie filling in the versatile cake! This recipes works well with sucralose or granulated sugar.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 500 mL
- 1 cup sucralose sweetner 250 mL
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder 12 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 1 cup skim milk 250 mL
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped 500 mL
- 1 cup strawberries, washed and stemmed 250 mL
- 1/2 cup sucralose sweetner 125 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- 2. Combine flour, sucralose, baking powder, salt, canola oil, egg, vanilla and milk; blend until well mixed.
- 3. In oiled 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 cm) cake pan, arrange rhubarb and strawberries. Sprinkle with second amount of sucralose. Cover fruit with cake mixture. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the cake begins to brown.
- Variations: Substitute other fruit combinations or pie filling.
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|