Chunky Grilled Vegetable Guacamole
The best thing to say about this recipe is Yum! Enjoy this delicious guacamole as a snack or appetizer with a few whole grain tortillas. Its also nice as a side to grilled fish, chicken or any Mexican dish. Ole!
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, divided (plus more for the grill) 30 mL
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise in 3 long strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeds removed, sliced in half
- 1 just ripe avocado, peeled, sliced in half
- ½ small red onion, sliced in half
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced 60 mL
- 1. Prepare grill by brushing with canola oil. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- 2. Lightly brush both sides of vegetables with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of the canola oil. Place zucchini strips, bell pepper, avocado and onion halves on the grill for about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 3. Remove from grill. Finely dice zucchini, pepper and onion. Place in large bowl. Add avocado and mash in.
- 4. Stir in remaining canola oil, lime juice and cilantro. Refrigerate until serving.
¼ cup (60 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Mini Corn Cakes with Chipotle Aioli
Aioli is traditionally a creamy garlic dip. Chipotle aioli serves up smoky, subtle heat while complementing the corn cakes. Canola oil’s mildness lets the flavors of chile and toasted corn come through.
Roasted Eggplant with Tomatoes and Fresh Basil
Roasting eggplant imparts a smoky, nutty flavor and a silky, smooth texture. This simple side dish is delicious served alone, as part of a salad, tossed with pasta or over French bread. Add a thick slice of fresh mozzarella for a protein-rich indulgence. Canola oil is ideal for roasting at high temperatures.