Mocha Crunch Bars
This is an easy and special treat for the kids to make for mom or dad for their special day! And with all of the variations you can make it how you want.
- 3/4 lb chocolate, chopped fine (white, milk or dark) 350 g
- 1/2 can (7 oz/200g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 2 1/2 cups choppednuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds) 625 mL
- 1 cup mini marshmallows 250 mL
- 1. Prepare a 9 x 9 inch (22 x 22 cm) pan with foil and parchment paper, sprayed with canola oil. Set aside.
- 2. In a large glass bowl, place chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and canola oil. Microwave for 15 seconds, take out and stir, place back into the microwave for another 15 seconds, stirring again. Keep doing this until most of the chocolate is all melted.
- 3. Add nuts and marshmallows, stirring to coat completely. Place into prepared pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- 4. Cut into 18 bars.
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
Black and White Cookies
This iconic cookie, which has been around for almost a century, has become a symbol of New York City as it is still found in just about every deli and many bake-shops there.
Candy Bar Brownies
You can create any flavor of brownie you like with your favorite candy bar. Make a pan of these after Halloween when you have an array of candy to use. Canola oil helps keep them moist and chewy.