Grilled Corn and Tomato Salad
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander 2 mL
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil 20 mL
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 30 mL
- 1 tsp lime zest 5 mL
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 ears corn on the cob, shucked and grilled*
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half 500 mL
- 1/8 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives whole and pitted 75 mL
- 1 head leaf lettuce, shredded
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together cumin, coriander, canola oil, lime juice, zest and garlic. Set aside.
- 2. In large bowl, gently combine corn, tomatoes, onion, olives and vinaigrette.
- 3. Divide lettuce among four plates, top with salad and garnish with egg.
- Cooks Note: *You can replace the fresh shucked and grilled corn with 1 cup (250 mL) frozen or low sodium canned corn.
2/3 cup (150 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Exotic Mexican Avocado and Tangerine Salad
Save the dishes and serve this exotic salad in the hollowed out avocado shell.
Zesty Coleslaw with Whole Wheat Tortilla Triangles
A Mexican twist on an old favorite. Beans add protein and flavor!
Caramelized Corn and Red Pepper Salad with Chives
Take advantage of your hot grill pan and cook multiple vegetables at the same time. Caramelizing corn and red peppers bring out their natural sweetness, which are complemented by savory chives. The dressing is a light and tangy blend of red wine vinegar, canola oil and smoky cumin - ingredients that enhance the fresh flavors of the vegetables without overpowering them.