- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 tsp cumin seeds 5 mL
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger 15 mL
- 1 tsp curry powder 5 mL
- 2 tsp garam masala 10 mL
- 1 can (28 fl oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 2 cans (19 fl oz/540 mL) chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice 30 mL
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro 60 mL
- 1. In saucepan, heat canola oil over medium heat and sauté cumin seeds for about 1 minute.
- 2. Add onion, ginger, curry powder and garam masala, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3. Add tomatoes, chickpeas and lemon juice.
- 4. Using spatula, scrape bottom of pan to get all cooking juices. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- 5. Serve hot with basmati rice, naan bread or dosa. Garnish with cilantro.
1 1/2 cup (375 mL)
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Confetti Pie with Cornmeal Crust
Don't be daunted by the long list of ingredients - this dish goes together in a flash. And, using canola oil means that this high fiber meal is made with monosaturated fats, which has been shown to help lower cholesterol.
Grilled Portobello Loaf with Basil Hummus
Toasted bread envelops mushrooms and protein-packed hummus in this unique, vegetarian sandwich.