Lemon Lime Cupcakes
- 1 (18oz/515g) pkg lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 1 1/4 cups water 300 mL
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp grated lime zest 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp grated lemon zest 30 mL
- 1 (8 oz/250g) cream cheese
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups icing sugar 625 to 750 mL
- 1 tsp lime zest 5 mL
- 1 tsp lemon zest 5 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- 2. Line muffin pans with 24 paper baking cups. In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, canola oil, water, eggs, lime zest and lemon zest. Beat well, about 2 minutes. Spoon batter into baking cups.
- 3. Bake cupcakes for 14 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcakes comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Remove cakes from baking cups.
- 4. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add icing sugar and continue to beat until well mixed. Add any additional icing sugar as needed.
- 5. Add lime and lemon zest and beat until combined. Spread icing over cupcakes and decorate with candied fruit pieces.
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
Mini Peppermint Cupcakes
Ring in the season with peppermint-topped, chocolate cupcakes. Canola oil makes the cupcakes light and fluffy. These bite-sized, mouth-watering treats will get your guests in the mood to celebrate the holidays in style!
Pumpkin and baking spices transform these cupcakes into the ultimate fall treat. Canola oil keeps them tender with little saturated fat.