Greek Lentil Salad
This is a salad that is repeated over and over at our family functions. The lentils add a delicious twist to your everyday Greek salad.
- 2 cups lentils or black beans, cooked 500 mL
- 1 cup chopped cucumber 250 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion 125 mL
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower 250 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley 125 mL
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled 60 mL
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives 125 mL
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice 30 mL
- 1 tsp pepper 2 mL
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar 15 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dry crumbled oregano 10 mL
- 2 tsp dry crumbled parsley or mint 10 mL
- 2 tsp dry crumbled basil 10 mL
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 1. Combine salad ingredients. In a separate bowl combine vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad mixture. Stir to combine. Tastes even better the next day!
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Tomato and Olive Salad
A satisfying and healthy blend of sweet and salty. Canola oil helps the flavors develop.