Berry Good For You Cookies
Baking with canola oil can reduce your saturated fat intake.
- 3/4 cup canola oil 175 mL
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar 250 mL
- 1 cup brown sugar 250 mL
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract 15 mL
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 375 mL
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 mL
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats 375 mL
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut 125 mL
- 1 cup dried cherries 250 mL
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries 125 mL
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds 125 mL
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 125 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). In large mixing bowl, combine canola oil, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat ingredients until well mixed.
- 2. In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to canola mixture and stir until just combined.
- 3. Stir in rolled oats, coconut, cherries, cranberries, almonds and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- 4. Form dough into 1 inch (2.5 cm) balls and place about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on non-stick cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten slightly with fork. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
5 dozen cookies
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|