Maple Roasted Vegetables
Canola oil is the healthiest vegetable oil, It has no trans fats and lowest saturated fat level of any commonly used vegetable oil.
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 1/3 cup maple syrup 75 mL
- 1 each red and green peppers, cut into large cubes
- 1/2 head cauliflower, sliced 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) florets
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) cubes
- 1 acorn squash, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) cubes
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and separated into cloves
- 1 large red onion, cut into eighths
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper 5 mL
- 1 Tbsp dried basil 15 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 ºF (220 ºC).
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together canola oil, maple syrup, peppers, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, squash, parsnips, carrots, garlic, red onion, salt, pepper and basil. Place mixture on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- 3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
- Yield: 10 servings.
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|