Maple Roasted Vegetables
Canola oil is the healthiest vegetable oil, It has no trans fats and lowest saturated fat level of any commonly used vegetable oil.
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 1/3 cup maple syrup 75 mL
- 1 each red and green peppers, cut into large cubes
- 1/2 head cauliflower, sliced 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) florets
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) cubes
- 1 acorn squash, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) cubes
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and separated into cloves
- 1 large red onion, cut into eighths
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper 5 mL
- 1 Tbsp dried basil 15 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 ºF (220 ºC).
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together canola oil, maple syrup, peppers, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, squash, parsnips, carrots, garlic, red onion, salt, pepper and basil. Place mixture on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- 3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Chili Roasted Root Vegetables
Roasting vegetables in a little canola oil brings out new depths of flavor.
Grilled Seasonal Vegetables with Nicoise "Aioli"
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) by Chef Instructor Brenda La Noue. Check out videos of the recipe being made by a CIA Chef instructor on the Chef Page of our website.