Cucumber And Black Bean Salsa Salad
Fresh cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper and cilantro combined with black beans creates a terrific salad.
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 cup sweet grape cherry tomatoes, halved 250 mL
- 1 (15oz/443 mL) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion 60 mL
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves 60 mL
- 1 medium lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tsp cider vinegar 10 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 1. In medium bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, beans, onion, peppers, cilantro, lime zest and juice, vinegar, canola oil, salt and pepper.
- 2. Toss gently yet thoroughly to blend. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours to blend flavors.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|