Sweet Potato Biscuits
These biscuits are tender and brightly-coloured with a hint of sweetness.
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour 560 mL
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp baking powder 15 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 2 Tbsp milk 30 mL
- 1 (15oz/443 mL) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed (or 1 cup fresh cooked and mashed sweet potatoes)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425° F(220°C). In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 2. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, canola oil, milk and mashed sweet potato. With fork, stir together the moist and dry ingredients, just until combined.
- 3. Turn out onto well-floured board and knead once or twice to form a ball. Roll out to 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) thick. Cut into biscuits using a 1 1/2 (3.8 cm) inch cookie cutter. Place biscuits on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|