Strawberry Bran Muffins
- 3 cups natural bran 750 mL
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour 250 mL
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 250 mL
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 125 mL
- 1 Tbsp baking powder 15 mL
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 mL
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups low fat buttermilk 500 mL
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 1/2 cup molasses 125 mL
- 1 cup fresh or frozen diced strawberries 250 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- 2. In large bowl, mix together bran, flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- 3. In another bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, canola oil and molasses; pour into bran mixture and stir just enough to moisten, being careful not to over mix. Fold in strawberries.
- 4. Divide mixture evenly into non-stick muffin tins. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let stand for two minutes before removing muffins from tin.
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Mixed Berry, Cucumber and Mint Salad with Lime Dressing
Strawberries and cucumbers have a natural affinity because the mild flavor and crunch of a cucumber partners perfectly with sweet, tender strawberries. Other contrasting flavors and textures come from fresh mint, honey mustard and lime zest. Canola oil allows these flavors to shine. The dressing has just four ingredients, so its easy to make any weeknight.
This recipe celebrates the beginning of summer with all the luscious flavors you expect from this all-time favorite dessert, but in a healthier and easier way. The biscuits are made better-for-you with canola oil instead of butter and half whole-grain flour. They are simple drop biscuits; no rolling or dough-cutting required. And the whipped cream topping is lightened with Greek yogurt for a subtle tanginess that beautifully complements the fresh berries.
Whole Grain Waffles with Strawberry Rhubarb Topping
These waffles are the ultimate satisfaction, golden brown and full of flavor. Served with a tasty strawberry-rhubarb sauce, they really hit the spot but in a much better-for-you way thanks to the use of canola oil, whole-grain flour and just a touch of maple syrup.