Grilled Tuna Steaks with Cilantro and Basil
- 3 Tbsp light soy sauce 45 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1/4 tsp dried pepper flakes 1 mL
- 6 tuna steaks (6 oz/170 g each), rinsed and pat dry
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves 125 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic 2 mL
- 1. In small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, canola oil and pepper flakes. Place tuna steaks and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of soy sauce mixture in a large, resealable plastic bag. Turn bag several times to coat tuna steaks. Refrigerate no longer than 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat grill coated with cooking spray over high heat. Meanwhile, in another small bowl, combine cilantro, basil, lime juice, vinegar and garlic.
- 3. Remove tuna from bag, discarding any leftover marinade, and grill tuna for 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until very pink in center (internal temperature of 145 °F/65 °C). Do not overcook tuna or it will become tough. Serve with remaining soy sauce mixture and top with equal amounts of cilantro mixture.
4 1/2 oz (130 g) tuna and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) cilantro mixture
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Artichoke and Spinach Rotini Salad with Tuna
This is an interesting alternative to traditional pasta salad with a ton of great vegetables and flavors to satisfy any palate.
Grilled Tuna Nicoise Salad
This light dish is a great choice for a summer luncheon or al fresco dinner.