Salmon and Quinoa Patties
Delicious. Simple. Healthy. Enjoy these patties accompanied with grilled vegetables, on whole grain rolls or made into 16 mini-patties for an easy appetizer.
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, divided 30 mL
- 1 cup minced onion 250 mL
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery 125 mL
- 1 cup cooked quinoa 250 mL
- 2 cans, 6.5 oz / 184 g each, salmon, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp green relish 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1. In a large non-stick pan, heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery and sauté for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 2. In large bowl, combine prepared quinoa with cooked onions and celery. Add salmon, eggs, relish and salt. Stir well to combine.
- 3. Shape mixture into 8 patties, about 1/3 cup (75 mL) mixture each.
- 4. In a saucepan, heat remaining canola oil over medium heat.
- 5. Cook patties for 3 to 4 minutes, undisturbed, or until golden brown. Flip over and continue cooking for about 4 additional minutes.
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Crab Cake Sliders with Creamy Apple Coleslaw
These unique sliders feature spicy crab cakes, which are cooled by an apple-based coleslaw. Layers of flavor come from rice vinegar, Sriracha (Thai hot sauce) and fire-roasted red peppers. Both canola oil and canola mayonnaise are used to lighten the textures of the three recipe components.
Crab Cakes with Warm Black Truffle Vinaigrette
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) by Chef Instructor Brenda La Noue. See Chef Almir Da Fonseca prepare the recipe in the video below.
Mini Crab Cakes with Smarter Tartar
Unlike most pre-prepared crab cakes, which are deep-fried these let the flavor and succulence of the crab lead the way. The result is not only more delicious, but better for you, too. The crab is lightly seasoned with herbs and scallions, then held together with a minimal amount of canola oil mayonnaise, egg and breadcrumbs. The cakes brown up beautifully with just a small amount of heart-healthy canola oil.