Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict with Creamy Dill Caper Sauce
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt 125 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice 5 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest 2 mL
- 2 whole-grain English muffins
- 3 oz thinly sliced smoked salmon 90 g
- 4 medium eggs
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar 45 mL
- 1. In medium bowl, whisk yogurt and canola oil until blended. Whisk in lemon juice, then stir in chopped dill, capers and lemon zest.
- 2.Toast English muffins. Place slice or two of salmon on top of each English muffin half.
- 3. Fill large, deep skillet about 3/4-inch (2 cm) to top with water and bring to boil over high heat. Add vinegar, then reduce heat to medium-low. Crack egg into small bowl, then gently add it to boiling water. Repeat with remaining eggs until all four eggs are in skillet. Cook until whites of eggs are set but yolks are still slightly runny, about 3 minutes. Use slotted spoon to transfer eggs to paper towel to drain. (Alternatively, cook eggs over-easy in nonstick skillet.)
- 4. Transfer each egg to salmon-topped English muffin half. Pour 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) of sauce on top of each muffin and garnish each with sprig of dill.
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Breakfast Strata Primavera
This stunning dish is like a savory bread pudding studded with colorful, spring vegetables and full of rich flavor. By using canola oil and a mix of whole eggs and egg whites, you get the sumptuous flavor of most breakfast bakes without the saturated fat. This dish makes entertaining a breeze since you prepare it the night before. In the morning, just pop it in the oven, then relax and enjoy your guests.
Kids will love this healthy, fun dish to start the day. It is high in protein and filled with Mexican flavors.
Eggs simmered in a robust tomato-chorizo sauce and served with a crispy tortilla – is there a better breakfast? (Or heck, lunch or dinner!) Canola oil’s neutral flavor lets the spices and other ingredients take center stage. Plus its high heat tolerance is ideal for frying tortillas.