Roasted Winter Veggies and Tri-Colored Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs tri-color potatoes, quartered 750 g
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, cut in half 500 g
- 1 large red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped rosemary 60 mL
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 2 tsp salt 10 mL
- 1 tsp garlic powder 5 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 ˚F (200 ˚C).
- 2. In large roasting pan, place vegetables. Add rosemary, canola oil, salt and garlic powder and stir to combine.
- 3. Cook about 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
10 cups (2.5 L)
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Using nutrient-packed wild rice with the Latin tastes of bell peppers, walnuts and raisins not only gives you a range of health benefits but also a rainbow of visual appeal to impress your friends and family at your next holiday fiesta. Canola oil helps the flavors meld.
Green Bean Saltado
A healthy twist on the Peruvian classic lomo saltado, this recipe showcases green beans, which are popular during the holidays. Green beans have high levels of carotenoids and canola oil helps keep the dish’s saturated fat content to a minimum compared to typical holiday sides.
Quinoa Salad with Aji Amarillo Dressing
Quinoa is a staple in Peru and with good reason. It is one of the few seeds that has an exceptional balance between fiber, protein and fat. Mixed with aji amarillo, lime juice and cilantro, this zesty salad will add a burst of flavor as well as an abundance of nutrients. Canola oil’s mild flavor keeps those tastes clean and bright.