Sautéed Chicken with Lime and Capers on Spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/2 red onion, julienned
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced 500 g
- 2 Tbsp julienned lime peel 30 mL
- 1/4 cup lime juice 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp capers, rinsed 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1 cup chicken broth 250 mL
- 2 tsp cornstarch 10 mL
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta 250 g
- 3 Tbsp chopped basil 45 mL
- 1. In skillet, heat canola oil and sauté onion. Add chicken and cook until cooked through and beginning to brown. Add lime peel, lime juice, capers and salt.
- 2. In small bowl, combine chicken broth and cornstarch. Add to chicken mixture and bring to a simmer.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and add to chicken mixture.
- 4. Serve in large pasta bowl. Top with chopped basil.
1 1/3 cups (325 mL).
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
Spicy Spaghetti with Arugula, Peas and Tomatoes
Take things up a notch with this spicy twist on an Italian classic. Canola oil helps carry the flavors through the dish.
Angel Wings Pasta
Second Place Winner of the Be a Star! Be a Winner! with Canola Oil Paralympics Recipe Contest.