Sautéed Shrimp with Jalapeños and Onion
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 cup julienned red onion 250 mL
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño chiles, deveined, seeded and julienned
- 1 lb medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined 500 g
- 1 tsp chopped oregano 5 mL
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 2 mL
- 1. In skillet, heat canola oil and sauté onion. Add garlic and jalapeños. Cook 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook another 2 minutes.
- 2. Add oregano and lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper.
- 3. Serve with steamed rice if desired
1/2 cup (125 mL).
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Jambalaya is notorious for being complicated and taking a long time to make but not this time! Enjoy the taste of Nawlins with just a few easy steps.
Shrimp Pad Thai
Here is a Thai restaurant favorite thats simple enough to make in your own kitchen. Added bonus: you can control the spice level.