Taco-Flavored Popcorn with Canola Oil
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 2/3 cup popping corn 150 mL
- 3 Tbsp dry taco seasoning mix 45 mL
- Taco Seasoning Mix:
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp cumin 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp paprika 15 mL
- 1/2 Tbsp dried cilantro 7 mL
- 1/2 Tbsp dried onion powder 7 mL
- 1 tsp allspice 5 mL
- 1 tsp ground black pepper 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp cocoa powder 1 mL
- For the popcorn:
- 1. Pour canola oil into heavy pot, such as a cast iron dutch oven. Add 3 popcorn kernels.
- 2. Heat over high heat until kernels pop.
- 3. Add remaining popping corn and turn heat to medium. Cover with lid, leaving small space on one side to let steam escape.
- 4. Cook until popping slows down. Remove from heat and place popcorn in a large brown bag. Immediately, sprinkle popcorn with the taco seasoning mix. Close bag and shake. It is ready to eat.
- For the Seasoning:
- 1. Place all into a spice grinder and process for 10 seconds.
- 2. Store in a sealed container.
- 3. Use in the Taco-Flavored Popcorn with Canola Oil recipe. Or if using with air-popped popcorn place popcorn in a large brown bag. Spray popcorn with canola oil spray for about 10 seconds to coat the popcorn, close the bag and shake to coat the popcorn.
- Yield For the Seasoning: about 6 Tbsp (90 mL)
12 cups (3 L)
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|