- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 675 mL
- 1 tsp ground ginger 5 mL
- 1 tsp cinnamon 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves 2 mL
- 3/4 cup molasses 175 mL
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed 125 mL
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 oz slivered almonds 125 g
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2. In large mixing bowl, whisk flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside.
- 3. In large saucepan over low heat, blend molasses, canola oil and brown sugar. Heat until sugar dissolves and sides bubble.
- 4. In mixer with paddle attachment on medium speed, place sugar mixture and add egg. Then add flour mixture in three parts to form dough.
- 5. Drop 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of dough per cookie on baking sheet (about 12 per sheet). Press dough down with palm of your hand. Decorate top of dough with almonds.
- 6. Bake until firm to touch, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on pan 10 minutes before removing to rack to cool completely.
|Gras saturés||0 g|
Try these moist and chewy gingersnaps made with canola oil to significantly lower saturated fat content.
These Gingerbread Men are mixture of spicy and sweet. Canola makes a perfect texture for this traditional cookie.