Ginger Shrimp With Gai Lan
- 5 large dry shiitake mushrooms, soaked in water and sliced
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/2 lb large uncooked shrimp 250g
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 large stalks gai lan, cut into medium size pieces
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger 15 mL
- 1/8 tsp five spice powder .5 mL
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch 15 mL
- 1 cup chicken broth 250 mL
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts, coarsely chopped 60 mL
- 1. Soak mushrooms in water for about 30 minutes.
- 2. Pour canola oil into a large wok and heat over medium high heat. Quickly stir fry shrimp until just cooked. Remove from wok. Add a bit more canola oil if necessary. Add onion, garlic, gai lan stalks (leave out leafy parts until the end of cooking time), ginger, five spice powder, salt and sweet chili sauce. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes to cook vegetables. Dissolve corn starch in broth and add to vegetables. Heat mixture for 1 minute.
- 3. Add shrimp and gai lan leaves to the mixture and heat through. Garnish with cashew nuts and serve immediately.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Gras saturés||1 g|
Ginger Turkey Stir-Fry
A treat for fowl lovers who want to enjoy turkey at times other than Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.