Cucumber and Black Bean Salsa Salad
- 1 large cucumber, diced (about 1 1/2 cups/375 mL)
- 1 cup sweet grape cherry tomatoes, halved 250 mL
- 1 (15oz/443 mL) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion 60 mL
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped (about 1/2 cup/125 mL)
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)(about 1/4 cup/60 mL)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves 60 mL
- 1 medium lime, zested and juiced (about 2 Tbsp/30 mL zest and 1/4 cup/60 mL juice)
- 2 tsp cider vinegar 10 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 1. In medium bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, beans, onion, peppers, cilantro, lime zest and juice, vinegar, canola oil and pepper.
- 2. Toss gently yet thoroughly to blend. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours to blend flavors.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 0 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
- This recipe has been certified by the American Heart Association®
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Gras saturés||0 g|
Grilled Corn and Tomato Salad
This is a light and summery dish that shows off corn and tomatoes at their best. Canola helps keep saturated fat to a minimum.