Chocolate Orange Pudding Cake
- 1 pkg (18oz/515g) chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1/4 cup water 60 mL
- canola oil cooking spray
- 2 cups cold milk 500 mL
- 1/4 cup orange juice 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp orange zest 30 mL
- 2 (4oz/113g) pkg. instant chocolate pudding
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar 75 mL
- 3 Tbsp icing sugar 45 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- 2. In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, canola oil and water. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 cm) baking pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- 3. In large bowl, pour milk and orange juice. Stir in orange zest. Add pudding mix and sugar and whisk mixture until well blended, about 2 minutes. Quickly pour evenly over cake batter.
- 4. Place pan on foil-lined baking pan to catch batter which might bubble over the edge of cake pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- 5. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Mixture will thicken on standing. Spoon pudding cake into dishes and dust with icing sugar or serve with ice cream. Garnish with orange twists.
- Tip: To make a lemon version, use lemon cake mix and lemon pudding mix. Replace orange juicewith water, and replace orange zest with lemon zest.
|Gras saturés||1.5 g|
Serve this delicious cake topped with a creamy cream cheese frosting at your next family gathering.