Black Bean and Edamame Avocado Salad
- 1/2 of 15-oz (425 mL) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen shelled edamame 250 mL
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 1 medium celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1 ripe medium avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1. In medium bowl, combine all ingredients but avocado. Toss gently yet thoroughly until well coated.
- 2. Just before serving, add avocado and toss gently. Serve.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Gras saturés||0.5 g|
Brussels Sprout, Blueberry and Walnut Slaw
The nutrient-rich ingredients in this delicious slaw make it a smart choice for athletes. Brussels sprouts and blueberries provide vitamins, minerals, fiber and phytonutrients. Walnuts and canola oil are among the top 10 food sources of plant-based omega-3 fat, and may help protect the heart.
Cilantro and Black Bean Farro Salad
Farro is a type of wheat and commonly grown in Italy and the Middle East. It has a nutty flavor with a slightly crunchy texture. Although its a distant cousin to the wheat berry, it cooks in a fraction of the time. Whether you serve it on a bed of spring greens or wrapped in Boston Bibb lettuce its interesting to eat, and makes a fun conversation ingredient!
Rosemary Feta Pearl Couscous Salad
Pearl couscous looks just like that pearls! These tender bits of pasta are tossed with crunchy red peppers and cucumber, white beans, feta, a generous amount of herbs and a splash of fresh lemon. Light canola oil combines it all together nicely. Youll never think of pasta salad the same way again!