Three Citrus Mint Dressing on Seasonal Fresh Fruits
- 8 cups sliced fresh seasonal fruits (melon and berries) 2L
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, chopped fine 75 mL
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice 30 mL
- 2 tsp poppy seeds 10 mL
- 1. In large bowl, combine fruit. Set aside.
- 2. In small saucepan, heat oil on low to about 120 °F (50 °C) or until just heated. Turn off flame and add chopped mint. (It may sizzle.) Let sit to infuse for 1 hour and to cool down.
- 3. In food processor bowl fitted with metal blade, process orange, lemon and lime juice. Add canola oil/mint mixture and process until fine, about 45 seconds. Toss over fruit with poppy seeds. Stir to evenly coat. Serve.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 1 minutes
- Total time: 80 minutes
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Gras saturés||0.5 g|
Broccoli Black Bean Salad
Every pantry should have a few cans of black beans on hand to use in quick salads like this one! Canola oil keeps this healthy dish low in saturated fat.
Broiled Trout with Lemon Oil & Oven-Grilled Vegetables
The star of this recipe is delicious lemon canola oil, which should be a staple in any pantry. It may be used on fish, in salad dressings, on roasted vegetables and just about anywhere you would use canola oil. Here, it makes this simply prepared broiled trout with vegetables a healthy and tasty weekday meal.