- canola oil cooking spray
- 3 cups all-purpose flour 750 mL
- 2 tsp baking powder 10 mL
- 2 tsp baking soda 10 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp all-spice 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg 2 mL
- 1 tsp cinnamon 5 mL
- 2 cups granulated sugar 500 mL
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil 375 mL
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin 500 mL
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup walnut pieces 250 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Spray two 9 x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- 2. In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, all-spice, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 3. In another bowl, beat together sugar, canola oil, pumpkin, eggs and walnut pieces. Add flour mixture and beat until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 4. Bake for about 1 hour in preheated oven.
|Gras saturés||1.5 g|
Whole wheat flour, raisins and canola oil combine for a great-tasting and good-for-you moist loaf!
Mojito Tea Cake with Glaze
A loaf cake packed with the flavors of Cuba, just like the namesake Mojito drink. You will need to squeeze about seven limes for the juice for this recipe. Canola oil produces a tender crumb and helps keep saturated fat to a minimum.