Cheddar Parmesan Poutine
- 4 Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into uniform sticks
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated 250 mL
- 1 cup grana padano cheese or Parmesan, grated 250 mL
- 2 cups poutine gravy (see recipe below) 500 mL
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh dill 45 mL
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley 45 mL
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh sage 45 mL
- 5 cups canola oil 1.25 L
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 2 cups poutine gravy (recipe below)
- Poutine Gravy:
- 3/4 cup diced yellow onion 175 mL
- 2 Tbsp diced carrot 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp diced celery 30 mL
- 2/3 cup canola oil 150 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped sage 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp tomato paste 2 mL
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 75 mL
- 4 cups beef stock 1 L
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce 15 mL
- 1 tsp chopped garlic 5 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped rosemary 15 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- ½ tsp pepper 2 mL
- 1. Soak cut up potatoes in cold water overnight. Before deep-frying, remove potatoes from water and pat dry.
- 2. Using deep-fryer, heat canola oil to 375 °F (190 °C). Deep-fry for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove fries from fryer and drain on paper towels.
- 3. If necessary, in saucepan, reheat 2 cups (500 mL) poutine gravy (recipe below) and set aside.
- 4. Return fries to deep-fryer and fry for additional 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from fryer to stainless steel bowl. Add gravy, cheese and herbs. Stir gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- Poutine Gravy:
- 1. In large saucepan, sweat onion, carrot and celery in canola oil over medium heat until they are slightly caramelized. Stir frequently. Add sage and tomato paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle vegetable mixture with flour and combine to form roux. Heat for about 30 seconds. Add stock, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Simmer for 35 minutes.
- 3. Season with rosemary, salt and pepper. Simmer for additional 10 minutes.
- 4. Using immersion blender, purée gravy. Leftover gravy can be frozen for future use.
1½ cups (325 mL) poutine
Per Serving including 1/2 cup (125 mL) of gravy
|Gras saturés||8 g|