Citrus Chili Pork Roast
- 1 fresh orange (juice and skin)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp crushed chile flakes 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground 5 mL
- 1 tsp coarse salt 5 mL
- 1 tsp granulated sugar 5 mL
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 2 lb leg of pork or roast, deboned 1kg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Peel orange, discard white skin and chop peel into small pieces. Squeeze orange and reserve juice.
- 2. In food processor, blend together orange peel, reserved juice, garlic, chili flakes, canola oil, pepper, salt, sugar and jalapeno pepper until ingredients form smooth paste.
- 3. To prepare pork, make incisions into leg or roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with orange paste and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Preheat oven at 325 °F (160 °C). Place the pork on rack in roasting pan. Add 1 cup (250 mL) water. Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 160 °F (70 °C). Wait 10 minutes before slicing
- Tip: For sensitive diners, eliminate half crushed chile or jalapeno. Do not eliminate all, as results will not be as intended. This dish can also be served cold on sandwiches.
|Gras saturés||3 g|