Mini Peppermint Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 375 mL
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar 175 mL
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder 125 mL
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1 cup skim milk 250 mL
- 1 tsp vinegar 5 mL
- 1 tsp peppermint extract 5 mL
- Chocolate Glaze
- 1/2 cup heavy cream 125 mL
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped 125 g
- 1 Tbsp honey 15 mL
- 1/2 Tbsp prepared coffee 7 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- 2. Line mini cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners.
- 3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. In large bowl, mix canola oil, milk and vinegar.
- 4. Add half of dry ingredients into oil. When well combined, add peppermint extract. Slowly mix in remaining dry ingredients until fully combined and free of lumps.
- 5. Scoop batter into cupcake liners with small ice cream scoop or spoon. Bake cupcakes for 12 minutes. Cool completely on rack.
- 6. While cupcakes are cooling, make glaze. In saucepan, mix cream, chocolate, honey and coffee on low heat. Stir until smooth. Let cool.
- 7. Dip cooled cupcakes in chocolate glaze. Place on rack and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies. Let glaze harden.
- Tip: To crush the peppermint candies, put them in a zip-top bag and crush with a rolling pin or use a food processor.
36 mini cupcakes
1 mini cupcake
|Gras saturés||1.5 g|
Pumpkin and baking spices transform these cupcakes into the ultimate fall treat. Canola oil keeps them tender with little saturated fat.