Chicken and Mango in a Warm Coconut Sauce
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp Spanish paprika 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice 15 mL
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper or crushed red chili flakes 0.5 mL
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cubed
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- ½ cup diced red onion 125 mL
- 1 (14 oz /398 mL) can light coconut milk
- 1 (14 oz /398 mL) can diced, unsalted tomatoes
- 1 cup mango chunks, fresh or frozen, thawed 250 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- 2. In a large zip seal bag, combine flour, paprika, pumpkin pie spice and cayenne pepper or red chili flakes. Shake to mix well. Add chicken, about ¼ at a time and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large oven-safe saucepan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown for approximately 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan.
- 3. Add onions and cook for about 3 minutes or until just softened. Add coconut milk, tomatoes, mango and return chicken to oven safe saucepan.
- 4. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve on its own or with steamed rice.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Gras saturés||3.5 g|
Grill Pan Chicken with Fiery Mango Ginger Salsa
This dish offers a medley for flavours. Using salsa in place of more salt lowers the sodium content and boosts taste! See the recipe video below.