Chicken and Mango in a Warm Coconut Sauce
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp Spanish paprika 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice 15 mL
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper or crushed red chili flakes 0.5 mL
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cubed
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- ½ cup diced red onion 125 mL
- 1 (14 oz /398 mL) can light coconut milk
- 1 (14 oz /398 mL) can diced, unsalted tomatoes
- 1 cup mango chunks, fresh or frozen, thawed 250 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- 2. In a large zip seal bag, combine flour, paprika, pumpkin pie spice and cayenne pepper or red chili flakes. Shake to mix well. Add chicken, about ¼ at a time and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large oven-safe saucepan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown for approximately 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan.
- 3. Add onions and cook for about 3 minutes or until just softened. Add coconut milk, tomatoes, mango and return chicken to oven safe saucepan.
- 4. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve on its own or with steamed rice.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Gras saturés||3.5 g|
Grill Pan Chicken with Fiery Mango Ginger Salsa
This dish offers a medley for flavours. Using salsa in place of more salt lowers the sodium content and boosts taste! See the recipe video below.
Jalapeño Chiles Stuffed with Panela Cheese and Mango Pico de Gallo
Start a meal with these fiery appetizers. Canola oil’s neutral taste won’t mask the bright, contrasting flavors of chile and mango.