Japanese Sesame Slaw
- 1/2 small head of green cabbage, thinly sliced or grated
- 1/2 small head of red cabbage, thinly sliced or grated
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, white or black, toasted 15 mL
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar 75 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger 5 mL
- 1 tsp sodium-reduced soy sauce 5 mL
- 1 tsp sesame oil 5 mL
- 1. In a large bowl, combine both cabbages, onion, carrot and sesame seeds.
- 2. Prepare dressing by shaking together rice vinegar, canola oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- 3. Pour dressing over salad, toss and refrigerate before serving. Ideally, allow to stand in fridge for an hour or more to allow flavors to mellow. Re-toss before serving.
½ cup (125 mL)
|Gras saturés||0.5 g|