Korean Style Short Ribs
- 1/3 cup light low sodium soy sauce 75 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds, crushed 30 mL
- 2 tsp minced ginger 10 mL
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar 45 mL
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes 5 mL
- 1 tsp chili powder 5 mL (optional)
- 3 lb / 1.5 kg short ribs, cut 1/2-inch (1.25-cm) thick across bones
- 1. In non-metallic bowl, place all ingredients, except for short ribs, and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- 2. In flat-bottomed container, place short ribs and pour marinade over them. Cover with plastic wrap or place in large, heavy resealable bag and refrigerate 8 to 12 hours, turning ribs occasionally.
- 3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 4. Remove ribs from marinade, shaking off any excess and discard marinade. Cook on hot grill, 3 to 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Tip: For proper Kalbi or Korean barbecued short ribs, have the ribs cut across the bones from 1/3- to 1/2-inch (1- to 1.25cm) thickness so that they can grill quickly.
4 oz (125 g) short ribs
|Gras saturés||12 g|
Bulgogi is a Korean term for marinated, barbecued beef. Here its tossed with spices, canola oil and vegetables. Wrap it up in lettuce leaves to make mini bulgogi bites.
Spicy Korean Tofu and Mushroom Hot Pot
The Korean food craze has hit. Pungent and full of garlic and famed red chili powder, Korean flavors are showcased by neutral tofu and canola oil in this comforting hot pot. It takes the edge off cold weather!