- canola oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar 250 mL
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce 250 mL
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour 375 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 mL
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves 1 mL
- 1/2 tsp allspice 2 mL
- 1 cup raisins 250 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Spray 5 x 9 inch (2 L) loaf pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- 2. Beat together canola oil, sugar and egg; add applesauce. Add dry ingredients and raisins, stirring until just combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
12 slices (3/4 inch/2 cm) thick
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Mini Pumpkin and Date Nut Cakes with Maple Glaze
These bite-sized cakes explode with fall ingredients like cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup and pumpkin. Canola oils neutral taste allows these warm flavors to shine.
Spiced Apple Ginger Cake
Check out the baking section of the website to learn how to convert your solid baking recipes to canola oil.