Asian Orange Soy Marinated Salmon
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce 45 mL
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil 30 mL
- 3 Tbsp honey 45 mL
- 1/4 cup orange juice 60 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro 45 mL
- 1 1/2 Tbsp finely chopped ginger 20 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp orange zest 10 mL
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes 5 mL
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1. In non-reactive mixing bowl (plastic or glass), mix together all marinade ingredients.
- 2. In heavy resealable plastic bag, place marinade and salmon, turning bag over a few times and refrigerate about 1 to 2 hours.
- 3. Remove salmon from marinade and discard it.
- 4. Place on hot, lightly oiled grill and barbecue for 5 to 8 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
- Tip: Beef or chicken can be substituted for the salmon.
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Grilled Salmon Over Lentil Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette
This healthy, delicious meal is easy to make and easy to enjoy. Eat it for lunch, dinner or even a picnic. Canola oil in the marinade and vinaigrette allows the zingy taste of the Dijon mustard and fresh herbs to come through. Canola oil also provides heart-smart omega-3 fat along with the salmon and walnuts.
Grilled Salmon with Dijon Raspberry Vinaigrette
Raspberries and Dijon mustard make a unique combination of sweet and savory, which is perfect for grilled salmon.