Asian Sweet and Sour Bean Salad
- 2 cups fresh, green beans, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2 inch (3.5cm) pieces 500 mL
- 1 can (16oz/398 mL) dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (16oz/398 mL) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh shelled edamame soybeans 375 mL
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion 175 mL
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar 125 mL
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 125 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1. Cook green beans until tender crisp. Drain.
- 2. In a bowl, combine kidney and garbanzo beans. Stir in edamame soybeans, red onion and green beans.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk rice vinegar, sugar, canola oil, salt and pepper until thoroughly blended. Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir to coat beans.
- 4. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Broccoli Black Bean Salad
Every pantry should have a few cans of black beans on hand to use in quick salads like this one! Canola oil keeps this dish low in saturated fat.