Baked Salmon, with Honey, Garlic and Ginger
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 4 salmon fillets (about 4 oz/120 g each)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp honey 15 mL
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger 15 mL (optional)*
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper1 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190ºC)
- 2. Spray baking dish with canola oil spray. Place salmon fillets skin down, in baking dish.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix canola oil, honey, garlic and ginger.
- 4. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper and brush them with honey and ginger mixture.
- 5. Bake until salmon is just starting to flake (about 10 minutes) and allow to sit and finish cooking for 5 minutes.
- *You can leave out the ginger and add a few drops of lemon juice right before serving.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Grilled Salmon Over Lentil Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette
This hearty, delicious meal is easy to make and easy to enjoy. Eat it for lunch, dinner or even a picnic. Canola oil in the marinade and vinaigrette allows the zingy taste of the Dijon mustard and fresh herbs to come through. Canola oil also provides heart-smart omega-3 fat along with the salmon and walnuts.
Grilled Salmon with Dijon Raspberry Vinaigrette
Raspberries and Dijon mustard make a unique combination of sweet and savory, which is perfect for grilled salmon.