Berry Good For You Cookies
- 3/4 cup canola oil 175 mL
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar 250 mL
- 1 cup brown sugar 250 mL
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract 15 mL
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 375 mL
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 mL
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats 375 mL
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut 125 mL
- 1 cup dried cherries 250 mL
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries 125 mL
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds 125 mL
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 125 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). In large mixing bowl, combine canola oil, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat ingredients until well mixed.
- 2. In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to canola mixture and stir until just combined.
- 3. Stir in rolled oats, coconut, cherries, cranberries, almonds and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- 4. Form dough into 1 inch (2.5 cm) balls and place about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on non-stick cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten slightly with fork. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
5 dozen cookies
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Try these moist and chewy gingersnaps made with canola oil to significantly lower saturated fat content.
Candy Bar Brownies
You can create any flavor of brownie you like with your favorite candy bar. Make a pan of these after Halloween when you have an array of candy to use. Canola oil helps keep them moist and chewy.