Brussels Sprout, Blueberry and Walnut Slaw
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, thinly sliced * 500 g
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 45 mL
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion 125 mL
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries 125 mL
- 2 1/2 Tbsp canola oil 32 mL
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar 32 mL
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes 1 mL
- 1. In medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
- Note: To thinly slice Brussels sprouts, put them in a food processor fitted with the slicing attachment or cut thinly with a knife as you would coleslaw.
3/4 cup (175 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Added Sugars||3 g|
Cranberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Tasty salad using 'super' healthy foods like spinach, cranberries, almonds and canola oil!
Crunchy Wild Rice Salad with Blackberry Dressing
Prepare the wild rice up to 2 days in advance to make quick work of this gorgeous salad. A perfect accompaniment to any grilled or roasted meat, also a lovely side in a packed lunch. Serve warm or cold.