Brussels Sprout, Blueberry and Walnut Slaw
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, thinly sliced * 500 g
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 45 mL
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion 125 mL
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries 125 mL
- 2 1/2 Tbsp canola oil 32 mL
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar 32 mL
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes 1 mL
- 1. In medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
- Note: To thinly slice Brussels sprouts, put them in a food processor fitted with the slicing attachment or cut thinly with a knife as you would coleslaw.
3/4 cup (175 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Added Sugars||3 g|
Cranberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
A tasty salad with spinach, cranberries, almonds and canola oil!
Crunchy Wild Rice Salad with Blackberry Dressing
Prepare the wild rice up to 2 days in advance to make quick work of this gorgeous salad. A perfect accompaniment to any grilled or roasted meat, also a lovely side in a packed lunch. Serve warm or cold.