Cherry Almond Protein Energy Balls
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats 375 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/3 cup honey 75 mL
- 1 scoop (or 1/4 cup/60 mL) natural whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries 125 mL
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds 60 mL
- 1. In medium bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- 2. Coat hands with canola oil to prevent sticking and firmly form mixture into 1-inch (2.5-cm) balls.
- 3. Keep energy balls refrigerated. May be stored in refrigerator for up to five days.
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Classic oatmeal cookies get an update with sweet bananas and heart-healthy canola oil. Both ingredients add a creamy texture while keeping saturated fat to a minimum.
Black Bean Brownies
A dessert you can feel great about, these brownies offer protein, fiber and a smooth texture thanks to black beans. Canola oil is a baking no-brainer with less saturated fat than other cooking oils, a light texture and neutral flavor.
Powerhouse Green Smoothie
Start your day strong with an all-in-one meal. Smoothies fit the bill pre- or post-workout because they are quick and easy to make, combine food groups and, as liquids, digest more quickly than solids. Canola oil added to your smoothie contributes plant-based omega-3 fat and creates a smooth, creamy consistency.